The course will provide the knowledge and skills required for the effective management of bacterial, viral, fungal pulmonary and pleura infectious as well as pulmonary and intrapulmonary tuberculosis. The radiological and pathological differential diagnostic aspects will be explored. Moreover, course attendees will take part in hands-on workshops focused on pulmonary and pleural ultrasound, and there will be active case-based discussions.
In addition to these 3 days, a stand-alone day will be offered on Friday 29 May 2020, focusing on tuberculosis. Participants registered on this 3-day course benefit from a discount of €100 for the additional day course on TB. Please head to the course page to register.
An application for accreditation will be made to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME). The number of credits that you will receive corresponds to your attendance during the onsite course. Please note that you need to sign the register of attendance each day to ensure that you receive the CME credits.
- Plenary sessions
- Interactive workshops and hands-on training
- Case presentations and discussion
- Advanced residents
- Bacterial pulmonary infections
- Viral pulmonary infections
- Invasive and non-invasive fungal pulmonary infections
- Pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis
- Complicated pulmonary effusions and empyema
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize and treat several bacterial, mycobacterial, viral and fungal pulmonary and pleural infections.
- Gain knowledge on the management of particular patient populations such as patients after lung and stem cell transplantation, as well as those requiring palliative care due to multidrug resistant tuberculosis.