Transbronchial cryobiopsy is a new bioptic approach in subjects with diffuse parenchymal lung disease that is gaining consideration in the scientific community. Its safety profile is significantly better than that of surgical lung biopsy and its sensitivity and specifity appear very good especially in patients with IPF. In this course pathologic aspects detected on cryobiopsy samples will be discussed mainly through a “slide seminar” approach. Also technical aspects regarding how to handle specimens, how to exploit information present in these specimens using more sophisticated investigations and how to insert morphological data so obtained in the multidisciplinary discussion will be part of the course.
The online course has been granted 7 CME credits by the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP). The number of credits that you will receive will correspond to the time you spend viewing each session live. Please, note that the video recordings of each session will be available after the course has taken place; however, you will not accrue credits for watching the video-recordings.
This online course will consist of 7 sessions of 1 hour each.
The course will address the following topics:
- diagnosis of ILDs with novel approaches
- slides on CT
- BAL slides
- modern pathology from light microscopy to molecular profiling
- imaging novel methodology
- thoracic ultrasound
Following this course, participants will
- Diagnostic skills in the diagnosis of the ILDs
- Novel methodologies in the algorithm of ILDs (Imaging- Caliber, Thoracic ultrasound, endoscopy, cryobiospy).
- Pathology knowledge with slide review of the main findings of the main ILDs to differentiate from IPF
- Cryobiopsy versus surgical lung biopsy
- Knowledge on diagnostic guidelines of IPF